PepsiCo Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
10,001+ employees · Food & Beverages
56 school alumni
Auto req ID: 242532BR
- Responsible for delivering impactful market performance governance and ad-hoc issue driven analysis to support of delivering the Annual Operating Plan and development of Strategic Plan
- Support Market Insight for all categories, brands, competitors, channels and ensure translation of opportunities into action plans in allocated categories
- Capturing and communicating market performance analysis on retail and household panel data in order to support capturing incremental volume and profit for each channel in all PEP other related categories PEP is operating in or interested in investment
- Support senior management decision making process through market data, in-depth analysis of category, company performances (including share, distribution oppt. in existing business) insights
- Coordinate and manage agencies groups and relationships.
The scope for the role is across allocated categories within Food and Bev categories in SA & SSA. It will impact x-functionally into Sales, Marketing, NRM, DX primary and on a secondary view Finance & Strategy.
- Lead and enable others to provide the transparency on marketplace performance and a clear understanding of the drivers, drawing out clear implications and highlighting threats and opportunities via integration and interpretation of multiple data sets (Retail Audit, Panel, and Brand Tracking Data).
- Support commercial teams by building market insight capability/access that helps shape and impact portfolio, brand strategies, plans and activities
- Ensure all market knowledge is distilled into clear, actionable summaries and implications and is communicated widely, frequently and persuasively
- Build strong partnerships with best in class Analytics Agencies, and leverage as extensions of Insights to further capacity and impact, as well as to continuously stretch the Analytic Insights agenda
- Build knowledge on innovation in Macro Snacks, Beverages and/or Foods: Tracking comparative market performances of top MS companies’ launches by incorporating multiple data sources (retail panel, household panel and media) and transfer learning to the senior management (of R&D, brand & trade marketing and commercial teams) via periodic reporting.
- Provide insight on macro indicators: Publishing commercial scorecard that sheds light on channel-based category growth trends and relative performance of PEP regarding overall macro snacks.
- Continuous retail panel reporting in core and macro categories to track company market performance and to identify share gain & growth opportunities through micro level analysis of competitive market set (price, distribution, stock, depletion).
- Job scope is Food, Snacks and Beverages SA & SSA
- Responsibility for ensuring we maximise ROI from continuous insights spend (roughly 0,5 M USD)
- The role will lead IRI, Nielsen, Global Data relationship management
Key skills / Requirements
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification with a strong emphasis on commercial subjects (with review of key subject marks like statistics, economic and finance)
- 3-5 years functional experience
- Passionate, self-motivated, willing to learn and develop
- Strong Analytical thinking
- Ability to combine data, judgment, and experience to make effective decisions in complex situations and when there is a lot of uncertainty or ambiguity.
“PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with the Employment Equity Act”
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline