American Jewish Committee (AJC)
About the job
AJC’s Global Communications Department seeks a passionate and highly skilled Assistant Director, Social Media (Instagram) to oversee and drive the development and growth of the organization’s Instagram account.
The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive. The ideal candidate will be able to identify new communications opportunities as they arise and work collaboratively to develop and execute them.
The Assistant Director, Social Media (Instagram) does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Ensure a steady stream of content on Instagram that is consistent with AJC’s programmatic and advocacy priorities;
- Closely follow relevant news and trending topics and develop and communicate AJC’s response in a timely manner, in concert with organizational leadership and other stakeholders;
- Optimize for Instagram content created for other platforms;
- Collaborate with the Graphics team to obtain relevant photographs and/or create and adapt custom graphics;
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers;
- Manage and monitor paid ads to maximize promotional efficiency and ensure strong ROI;
- Work with the Director of Social Media and Director of Public Affairs and Digital Communications to identify, craft, and execute campaigns;
- Initiate and manage live social coverage of signature events and programs, including on Instagram Live and IGTV;
- Monitor relevant outside accounts and regularly research new trends and technologies that might be applicable for AJC;
- Form key relationships with influencers on the platform;
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders;
- Track metrics on a weekly basis and make strategic recommendations;
- Ensure comments posted to our Instagram page are monitored, edited, and removed if necessary;
- The Instagram Manger will assume additional relevant responsibilities, as needed.
- Two to three years of social media management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Demonstrable graphic design skills and proficiency with required publishing tools, including Adobe’s Creative Suite;
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect American Jewry, the Jewish people, and Israel;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
Please submit your application to: