Full-time · Mid-Senior level
1,001-5,000 employees · Consumer Services
About the job
HomeServe is a Great Place to Work, and while we’re biased, we’re not just saying that. We’re proud to have been certified as a Great place to Work the last three years. What does HomeServe do and what makes it so great? Well, we’re glad you asked!
We put people at the heart of everything we do. That’s priority number one for all of us. For the 4.7 million Customers we serve, that means being there when they have an emergency home repair need, such as getting their a/c working, clearing their clogged pipes, or fixing broken electrical systems. With over 1,000 municipal and utility Partners, that means providing their customers with access to affordable home repair plans, making it easier, faster and less expensive to have their home repair needs met. For our Contractors – more than 2,000 small businesses employing tradespeople working on our behalf throughout North America – it means providing them a steady stream of business and helping them grow. And for the more than 2,500 People working alongside us, it means fostering a rewarding, inclusive and challenging career experience that we think is second to none.
No matter your role at HomeServe, you’re part of growing global team that’s collectively working to make home repairs and improvements easy. From our businesses in the U.S. and Canada, to those in the U.K., Belgium, France, Japan, Portugal and Spain, we have a shared vision is to be the world’s largest, most trusted provider of home repairs and improvements. Our ambition is to do every job, in every home.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Manager, Corporate Communications, is part of HomeServe North America’s Corporate Communications team. When you join our team in this new role, you’ll have a broad slate of work ahead of you.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Be a critical part of the team responsible for telling HomeServe’s story to employees, customers, partners, prospects and the community
- Support our efforts to enhance awareness and recognition of HomeServe as the most trusted provider of home emergency repairs, installations and services in North America
- Author corporate messaging that inspires, informs, educates and connects internal and external audiences
- Draft communications plans, press releases, media pitches, byline opportunities, presentations, newsletters, award submissions and other creative content to be used internally and externally across a variety of platforms
- Work with internal teams and external resources to identify communications needs and opportunities (e.g., partner launches and milestones, thought leadership opportunities, etc.,) and execute communications plans and activities accordingly
- Stay informed on industry news and flag issues, trends and ideas for potential opportunities
- Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university
- 5-7 years of corporate or agency experience in a related role (general corporate communications, internal communications, external communications, media relations, corporate affairs, etc.)
- Strong writing, editing and presentation development skills coupled to confident oral communication skills
- Ability to use/familiarity with multiple software/platforms such as Photoshop, Canva, Raydiant, Meltwater, Interact, Bynder, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Microsoft Office 365 and Teams, etc.
You’re a possible fit for this role if you’re:
- Someone who’s passionate about the role Communications plays in helping businesses grow and succeed
- A creative person who enjoys thinking of new ways to approach work, solve problems and help the team and company achieve our goals
- Willing to take direction, but at the same time is self-motivated
- Capable of adapting to quickly shifting priorities and is organized to do so
- Someone who works well independently and with a team
- Not shy about sharing ideas, voicing your opinion and helping teach people new things
- Able to travel overnight for work purposes several times a year
- Fun, funny, good natured, personable and outgoing
About the Team:
Together, the Corporate Communications team covers all facets of business communications including internal and external communication, media relations, reputation management, corporate social responsibility, business development, employer brand, and more. As a member of this team, you will have high visibility and interaction with all levels of employees from the CEO to the front line across all departments. Our team works together and with outside resources to ensure we’re telling HomeServe’s story to reach a variety of audiences and stakeholders. Ultimately, we want to do our part to ensure people understand the value of the products and services we offer; how HomeServe makes a difference for our customers; the good things we do in the communities where we live and work; and know that we’re place where people can come to learn and grow in their careers.
Work Location and Environment:
Our primary office locations include:
- Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, in the Southpointe business complex, which is just south of Pittsburgh
- Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Lee Highway not far from Hamilton Place
- Norwalk, Connecticut, in the Merritt 7 office building development
Each location offers a spacious, modern office environment for our teams to connect and collaborate. Depending on the role and the geographic location of the person hired, HomeServe offers hybrid and fully remote work options.
In Return we Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Casual attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.