Turnitin Copperas Cove, TX, USA.
Full-time · Associate
501-1,000 employees · Information Technology & Services.
About the job
TurnitIn offers a market-leading assessment-management solution that supports the entire testing process, including exam creation, administration, delivery, scoring and analysis. The software delivers powerful, actionable data to assess learning outcomes. Turnitin is a growing company that hires smart and talented people who are excited about personal growth, the positive impact they have on education, and enjoy working in a challenging and fun work environment.
Turnitin is seeking a Principal Software Engineer interested in distributed systems, data modeling, and scalability to develop and improve our award-winning educational software. As an engineer on this team, you will be working on 2 co-products that help to provide additional exam integrity to the assessment process. We operate at a high scale across global markets and seek individuals that enjoy solving complex problems.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that’s working to digitally transform the ed-tech industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating high performing applications, Turnitin is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. Turnitin has an inspiring mission, cutting-edge technologies, and in-house product development.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and day to day support to Sales and Customer Experience leaders, managers and team members in their use of data and BI (Business Intelligence) to support sales and customer related activity. This is achieved by being an expert in our data, our data architecture and data lifecycle and identifying how data can be used to answer business focused questions and solve business problems.
The Principal Business Intelligence Analyst leads the definition of the data architecture for sales and customer data. They ensure that we maintain data quality and integrity within Salesforce and key BI tools (Tableau, Sisense, Google Data Studio) to ensure it is fit for purpose to support the sales process and all Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing and Finance reporting. Supports solutions external to Salesforce and BI tools when required (e.g. Sales Pricing Calculator, ARR calculations) and works with Product and Engineering to bring together key data sources to further enhance available BI.
Collaborates with senior leaders to lead the development of robust, self-serve reporting that ensures visibility of globally consistent reporting against agreed targets and KPI’s. Leads the implementation of key initiatives where sales, customer and marketing data is integral such as Account Based Marketing, Account Health and Usage.
Our company CRM is Salesforce, it’s our key sales system and holds our key sales and customer data, therefore our Principal Business Intelligence Analyst is experienced in Salesforce and is responsible for extracting, loading and utilising data within Salesforce.
The Principal Business Intelligence Analyst is the senior team member of the Business Intelligence team and provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Collaborate to ensure leaders have access to globally consistent, robust and timely sales data and reporting in an agreed format.
- Ensure and maintain the integrity and quality of sales data in Salesforce. Support data deduplication and data matching activity as required.
- Lead the activity to fix data issues in Salesforce and other external BI and reporting tools when they are identified, collaborating with the extended Selling Operations team, Engineering, Product and Finance as necessary.
- Provide ad-hoc data support and reporting consultancy
- Support the data requirements and activity associated with mergers and acquisitions
- Own, develop and maintain the sales and customer data architecture
- Own and develop the sales and customer data roadmap, in conjunction with leadership, to deliver the OKR’s and business outcomes defined in our 5 year strategy
- Mentor & coach the more junior members of the BI team
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Tableau Desktop Specialist
- Experience of key data and Business Intelligence tools Tableau, Alteryx, GoogleSheets, Sisense
- Experience of Tableau CRM
- Experienced in the basics of data architecture principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, CS or related field; or equivalent professional experience
- Salesforce administration technical knowledge and capability with particular focus on data load, export, maintenance and integrity
- Data architecture basics
- A desire to develop capability to transition into a Data Architecture role (2 to 3 years)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities with the ability to perform under pressure and in adversity
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with colleagues across Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Finance to achieve shared outcomes
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical colleagues to aid decision making supported by the ability to communicate written and verbally in clear language
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of ExamSoft. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.