$69,000/yr – $113,000/yr (est.) · Full-time
About the job
NIFCO in Shelbyville, KY is looking for a dynamic leader for their facility. The Sr. Manufacturing Manager directs all activities in manufacturing as it relates to assembly, packing and manufacturing of all finished goods. This position will require competencies that include molding, tooling, quality inspection and supervision. The successful candidate should have experience in plastic injection molding. This person must be professional with excellent customer service skills and must be organized with the ability to handle multiple task simultaneously.
Join our growing Team at NIFCO, our company’s most valuable asset is our employees! NIFCO America is a leading global supplier of functional plastic parts for the automotive industry. NIFCO offers competitive pay, top notch health benefits with low premiums/deductibles, eleven paid holidays, referral bonus, 401K program plus much more… We have a lot of opportunity for growth at NIFCO!
- Direct and coordinate activities of production department(s) in processing materials, assembly, packing, and manufacturing products
- Work with other Nifco personnel: Human Resources, Tooling, Design, Planning, Quality, Customer Service, Engineering, Production staff and Upper Management to ensure production needs are met.
- Assign work regarding special projects, based on knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and equipment as needed.
- Identify the required resources for the department to meet customer requirements.
- Interface with Quality Department on Corrective and Preventive Action for customer complaints and internal quality issues.
- Provide a safe working environment for all Manufacturing Associates.
- Implement corrective and preventative action regarding personnel issues.
- Determine training needs for Superintendents and Shift Supervisors.
- Ensure that the documented IATF quality system is followed relating to Manufacturing
- Monitor budgets and staffing requirements for all manufacturing units in facility
- Prepare, monitor, and present monthly KPI’s
- Prepare and monitor yearly budget for production.
- Introduce, implement and demonstrate the policies and philosophies of Management to all manufacturing personnel
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are maintained and understood by personnel performing said duties. The policies and procedures must be accessible, legible, and include rules for operating in a safe working environment.
- Attend and participate in daily Gemba meeting reporting on past 24 hours concerns and any immediate concerns that would have a negative impact on the customer or production.
- Attend and participate in weekly managers meeting reporting on past 1-week concerns and any immediate concerns that would have a negative impact on the customer or production.
- Complete and review annual performance reviews.
- Successfully manage salaried and hourly team members on a day to day basis to ensure that operations goals are met.
- Other Management assigned tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management related field or 7 years relevant experience
- Ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while also offering creative solutions;
- IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data;
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team as well as manage people
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Positive attitude to continued learning.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds on a consistent basis
- Must be able to work in an office environment for long periods of time