Full-time · Entry level
10,001+ employees · Financial Services.
Location: Tyger valley, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who we are?
Sanlam Investments Group is one of South Africa’s largest investment management companies. We have a performance history spanning over 100 years, and offer a range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow the long-term wealth of our clients.
We take particular pride in:
- Sanlam’s longevity and innovation
- People, teamwork and values
- A culture of diversity and commitment to growing our own timber
- Our robust, tested and proven pragmatic investment process and philosophy
Our local and offshore investment products cover the full investment spectrum: active and passive; single and multi-manager – both locally and internationally. Our active funds range are managed according to our pragmatic value investing style.
Objective of the role
The IT Service Desk Agent will be responsible for the timely and effective response to IT user queries and problems through the receipt and logging of problems and the co-ordination of rapid and appropriate responses for higher-level problem resolution and advice on both new and established systems. Acts as liaison between users and information technology department on problem areas, managing client expectations. May manage the incident to completion
What will you do?
- To provide a complete and informed response on first contact to all customers (single point of contact).
- To provide first-line support where possible to customers.
- To log and manage all calls, service requests and incidents from end-to-end, including escalation to third parties, follow up and feedback to customers.
- To communicate and liaise effectively with end-users, colleagues and other service providers at all levels.
- To ensure customer satisfaction and continuity of service is managed, by following specific procedures but also by recommending and developing (where appropriate) improvements to these processes/procedures and ensuring they evolve with the organisational goals
- To compile and manage IT service-related documentation, administration and reporting where applicable
- Gives telephonic training on systems.
- Conducts trend analysis of series data to determine common occurrences and recurring issues.
- Determines absolute cause of problems by either recreating the issues in a test environment or reviewing system design.
- Co-ordinates and ensures that adequate training is provided for users
What will make you successful in this role?
- Relevant IT qualification
- At least 3 years of experience in IT and/or administration
- Advanced level of computer literacy (MS Office, etc.)
- Experience in IT procurement, inventory management, vendor management beneficial
- Experience in diary management beneficial
- IT understanding beneficial
- At least two years’ experience with Desktop support (hardware/software troubleshooting)
Qualification and Experience
- Degree or Diploma with 2 to 4 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Business Requirements Definition
- Client Delivery and incident handling
- Problem Tracking Tool
- Reporting and Administration
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing independently
Decision quality – Contributing independently
Action orientated – Contributing independently
Optimises work processes – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensure a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process