Location: Springs, GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Distell Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position to be based in the Materials Department: Full Goods Warehouse at Supply Chain, Springs. Please note – this is a shift position. The successful candidate will report to the Warehouse Controller.
Key Performance Areas Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Achieving and maintaining high levels of customer service by adhering to service level agreements.
- Effective supervision of staff (Checkers, Forklift Drivers, General Workers and workforce staff).
- Exercising effective stock control:
- Supervising and controlling the receipt and despatch of products;
- Controlling both physical and system stock movements;
- Completing, recording and filing of transactions and documents;
- Assisting with stock takes.
- Execute daily cycle counts
- Controlling operating costs (e.g. overtime work).
- Controlling forklift-truck maintenance.
- Exercising control over the sorting of leakers, breakages and other waste/losses.
- Ensuring adherence to warehousing procedures.
- Ensuring effective quality management of finished goods.
- Ensuring compliance to ICC, ISO, HACCP and related audit standards.
- Maintaining housekeeping and safety standards.
- Working overtime and shifts when required.
- Performing stand-in duties when required.
- Active participation in Mini-Business activities (Mission Directed Work Teams).
The Successful Candidate Must Have the Following Experience/skills
- Minimum of a Matric Certificate (Grade 12) plus a tertiary qualification within the Logistics/Warehousing study fields
- At least 3 years relevant working experience within a warehousing environment.
- Working knowledge of relevant standard operating procedures and work instructions would be preferable.
- Competent in the use of SAP and Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong administrative aptitude.
- Persuasiveness and ability to influence activities outside direct area of control.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks.
- Flexibility and ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to function independently and work well within a team.
- Sound interpersonal skills and experience in the supervision of staff
- Willingness and ability to work shifts and extended hours when required.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za and following: Home > Careers.
Reference number: 18560
Closing Date: 31 August 2021