Location: Johannesburg, GT, ZA
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Are you keen to handle overall operations and assume responsibility for the effective and successful management of employees, productivity and quality control in close collaboration with respective functional Line Management?
We are looking for an engaged specialist to become the custodian of all the operational aspects of our business linked to our strategic priorities (1) our team (2) systems and tools (3) governance (4) broker and client engagement and delivery in terms of our year planner of all our performance standards and reporting (statutory, financial and regulatory) requirements and obligations.
If you are solution oriented, confident self-starter, able to work independently, this role is for you!
Your main responsibilities:
- Coordinate and proactively lead key meetings i.e. meetings of a strategic nature, both internal and external; including operations meetings
- Contribute operations information and recommendations for the development of strategic plans and review and coordinate implementation of strategic tasks and initiatives
- When hosting international leaders, support team in organizing and preparing data for client meetings including pre-read packs for review by Country Manager, arranging relevant meetings
- Improve and maintain SharePoint site, including the creation of folders, maintaining electronic records and provide training for new joiners
- Organizing client/broker functions and team events with reference to the year/event planner
- Develop and implement a comprehensive set of metrics/KPIs to ensure that all strategic priorities are managed and tracked
- Refine and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage adherence to the systems landscape and engage with the Ops team to ensure systems and tools enhancements are implemented including testing/piloting changes, modifications, updates and process changes including the updating of relevant documents, where required..
- Serve as the go to person for all activities relating to the relocation project
- Support the Country head with budget and cost management, reporting monthly variances and initiating corrective actions. This to include the preparation of an annual budget; scheduling expenditures and analysing and acting on variances
- Maintain relationships with key operations vendors; track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels; review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment in a timely and accurate fashion
- Lead the engagement with the Guardrisk Operations team and represent Corporate Solutions at the monthly meetings
- Knowledge about short-term insurance industry, broad industry knowledge
- Good understanding of market practices and regulatory requirements of the insurance industry in South Africa
- RE certificate would be advantage
- Build and leverage global and regional networks to ensure efficient communication across multiple geographies, locations and time zones
- Exceptional organisational skills and “can-do” attitude
- Accustomed to dealing with confidential information whilst acting with integrity at all times
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrates a clear and articulate standard of written and verbal communication
- IT skills – proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Salesforce, financial systems and related Swiss Re systems
- Superior financial acumen and good understanding of financial management information and how to budget, manage expenses and report development on these
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 105604
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Law, Claims, Operations, Legal, Insurance