Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa Full-Time Regular/Permanent
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Production Development Specialist and will be part of Electrification Business Area for Distribution Solutions Division based at Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to Production Manager and will be part of a dynamic production team which focuses on teamwork, quality and productivity and incorporates core values of Care, Collaboration, Courage and Curiosity.
- Obtain DXF files from FTP server, create GEO data files using TOPS 300, generate nesting project, create CNC programs for Trumpf TC500R and TruPunch 2020 using the correct tooling and optimization method.
- Ensure optimum material utilization and document the usage.
- Produce CNC programmes for Copper Punching (EHRT hole Cut) and Bending (EHRT Bend) machines using EHRT Software.
- Produce setup sheets for the various machines for use by setters and operators, control daily and weekly production load.
- Liaise with drawing teams to improve the process.
- Assist and support the mechanical design team and communicate any changes or problems with the design team.
- Your background
- Minimum matric calculation.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in CNC Machine programming and 1 year experience on Trumpf Steel Processing machines and programming.
- Strong experience in sheet metal punching and the rules.
- Experience on working with FANUC, Bosch and Siemens machine controls.
- Strong user experience in MS office tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
ABB’s Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers . Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com