SG · GS Hub Office, AA Country
ActionAid South Africa Jobs 2021: ActionAid International has released Vacancies for Jobseekers. ActionAid suitably invited qualified and experienced persons for the following post. It’s a great opportunity to work under them. All the interested applicants who are qualified should apply before the closing date of application.
Closing date: 07 September 2021
Job location: GS Hub/AAI Country
Salary: Local Grade C
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract – 9 Month Maternity Cover
JD – Global SHEA and Safeguarding Coordinator
The Job Summary
The Global SHEA (Sexual Harassment Exploitation and Abuse) and Safeguarding Coordinator will help deliver ActionAid International’s SHEA and Safeguarding strategy to prevent and respond to allegations of sexual exploitation and abuse carried out by ActionAid International (AAI) employees and representatives. They will carry this out in line with the Global SHEA and Safeguarding Team’s survivor-centred and intersectional feminist approach. This includes:
Working in a collaborative and confidential way to ensure that the Global SHEA and Safeguarding Team’s information and case management systems and electronic administrative systems are as complete, compliant, robust and up to date as possible;
- Manage the Global SHEA and Safeguarding Team’s internal and external reporting requirements.
- Provide strong data analysis, and embed data protection standards;
- Maintain the SHEA and Safeguarding Focal Point network, consisting of Focal Points from across the ActionAid Federation. Including: developing communications, strategies for engagement, supporting with training and awareness raising, carrying out regular inductions, overseeing Focal Point projects and activities.
- Support with the development of a formalized case management system
- Contributing to, and maintaining, the communication outputs of the Global SHEA and Safeguarding Team;
- Assist with the administrative aspects and processes involved in the Global SHEA and Safeguarding Team’s work as needed;
Who we’re looking for?
- Good understanding and experience of working within the humanitarian and / or development context
- Good understanding of safeguarding in the international aid sector
- Portuguese, French, Spanish or Arabic as an additional language would be an advantage
- Preferably a Master or Bachelor degree in Human Rights, GBV or Sexual Violence, Social Work, Child Protection or relevant field
What we offer
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done. Offering a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment. At ActionAid, you can look forward to:
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- A workplace that embraces intersectional feminist principles
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Over 4 weeks holiday a year
How to apply
Please click on the “apply” button to start the application process. Please upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. We want to see a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression. We work to achieve social justice and gender equality, and to eradicate poverty.
All our work is underpinned by a set of feminist leadership principles:
Self-awareness, Self-care and caring for others, Dismantling bias, Inclusion, Sharing power, Responsible & transparent use of power, Accountable collaboration, Respectful feedback, Courage and Zero tolerance against discrimination and abuse of power.
Our commitment to safeguarding
ActionAid is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. ActionAid expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.