Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 24 months
Job Posting: Aug 25, 2021, 4:55:18 PM
Closing Date: Sep 16, 2021, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: South Africa-Pretoria
Organization: AF_ZAF South Africa
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- He/she assists in providing relevant HR information and initiating transactions in GSM in the following areas:–> Initiate position actions (Position classification and reclassification actions);–> Initiate Hiring and staffing actions, including requesting vacancy notices and hiring of consultants, SSAs and APWs to individuals through the Procurement module;–> Contract Management (appointments, extension of appointments, separation actions) changes in status actions;–> Advise on possible reasons of HRAP rejections;
- Monitoring and Reporting of HR Actions. Through regular reporting, he/she will monitor transactions initiated, appointments coming to an end and that need to be extended, separation actions for a timely action on the part of managers and staff.
- Provides Human Resources advice to management regarding staffing-related issues including providing advice and support on HR Planning processes;
- Provide support to Staff in initiating TRs for statutory travels (Processing of staff entitlements);
- Provide support to Staff in the use of the staff self-service module (GSM end-users).
- Maintain online recruitment portals (Careers24) including posting advertisement notices, initial screening of applications in line with terms of reference, and responding to submissions)
7. Act as focal point for Leave Administration;
8. Monitor staff compliance with Performance Monitoring and Assessment System and follow up non- compliance issues
9. Coordinate staff learning and development activities including drafting, implementation and monitoring of the yearly individual and collective learning and development plans
10. Maintain and active roster of consultants and experts including qualification documentation and performance assessments of previous work carried out for WHO
11. Interacts with managers to identify HR related-business issues and provide guidance, tools and support to address them in the most effective and efficient way; 12. Maintain the Staff filing system13. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in Human resource management or related field
Desirable: Diploma or higher education in Human resources or related field
Essential: A minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience
Desirable: Experience within UN or other international or multinational organizations
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide analytical and planning reports, using appropriate software; to interpret human resource rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Producing results
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at ZAR 369,086 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave?
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity?
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco?
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.