EY’s newly established Africa Data Delivery Centre will rapidly grow into a core service for our Africa Assurance business, providing centralized support for our mainstream digital analytical solutions Be part of this ground-breaking centre of excellence that will change the way that audit teams engage with clients around meaningful analysis and insights created by our digital solutions.
We are currently seeking the right candidate for an excellent career opportunity. As part of Data Delivery Centre, you will help our clients navigate the complex world of modern data science and analytics. You’ll be working closely with data delivery centre specialists, clients and/or audit managers to extract data and perform extraction transformation and loading, as well as initial analytical analysis and exception identification. In addition, you will experience high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
With a wide variety of clients across systems, sectors and geographies, you’ll be using a combination of manual processes, automated scripts and macros to extract transform and load data into the core digital analytical tools to agreed SLA targets. And participate in the Data Delivery centre learning and sharing initiatives to leverage from the EMEIA and Global data delivery and digital solution networks. In addition, you’ll reactively and proactively support projects related to driving demand from the assurance business and improving service delivery from the Data Delivery Centre.
Skills and attributes for success
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Demonstrate strong project management and team management skills
- Demonstrate good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Deadline oriented and able to prioritise own work
- Customer centric solution mindset
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Preferred degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Information Management or Statistics or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong understanding of IT environments, IT security, networking and server architecture
- Strong working experience in one or more ERP’s e.g. SAP, Oracle, MS Navision, SAGE, AccPac etc. and associated ETL tools
- Working experience in SpotFire, PowerBi, Python and Alteryx
Ideally, you’ll also have
- knowledge of auditing standards and experience as an auditor
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in external audit or in a professional services firm will be a positive
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated people who demonstrate a truly global mind-set and are inspired by the chance to really push boundaries and make the absolute most of every opportunity. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.