Johannesburg (MEA-HQ), Gauteng, South Africa
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Africa is one of the best places on the planet to bring our mission to life. It is home to 1.3B people and 54 countries. The talent in Africa reflects a tremendously rich and diverse potential that can truly impact the world over the next few decades. Being the youngest continent in the world with a median age of just 19.5 years, Africa is contributing to +12M youth being added to the global labour force every year. By 2040, half of the world’s young people will live in Africa. Africa’s growth is propelled by being a mobile first continent which is fuelling connectivity, innovation, and scalability.
Our aspiration is to support Africa’s transformation to a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent, enabling a thriving digital economy while reinventing Microsoft’s digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent’s needs. With this in mind, Microsoft established the Africa Transformation Office (ATO) with the following charter:
- Build strategic partnerships with key governments, institutions and enterprises to enable and accelerate digital economy across the African continent.
- Develop digital marketing engines to enable and accelerate Start-ups and SMBs.
- Plan and land infrastructure enablers and game changers in the continent.
- Enable Africa as a Foreign Direct Investment destination supported by expanding our technologies for multinationals across key industries.
- Manage the 4Afrika initiative and further integrate it into key company programs and engines to amplify its impact.
- Foster digital skilling and job creation to maximize the economic opportunity for the African youth and workforce