GSK Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Purpose And Key Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility of medical & clinical aspects of GSK Vaccines in Gulf Region
- To foster the ethical and scientific image of GlaxoSmithKline as a leading pharmaceutical company and vaccine producer.
- To support & backup the Marketing, Sales & Regulatory departments in the scientific and medical issues with the aim to achieve the company’s objectives
- To develop and implement medical affairs activities for GSK Vaccines.
- To ensure medical advice, training and governance for GSK Vaccines activities.
- Develop and execute GSK Vaccines Medical Affairs plans in Gulf countries ensuring alignment with the brand plans strategy.
- Develop and execute scientific engagement activities that will enhance GSK understanding of medicine, elevate HCP knowledge, improve patient care and build trust with the healthcare community.
- Demonstrate leadership & provide guidance for GSK therapeutic areas of responsibility from a scientific perspective.
- Works in partnership with key local, area, regional & global stakeholders as well as matrix bodies, to ensure provision of clinical & medical affairs activities to support internal decision making during product development, commercialization and life cycle management within the scope of therapy area responsibility
- Develop and execute external expert (EE) engagement plan: building partnerships & boosting product awareness with EEs, through managing scientific discussions during RTD, Managing and follow/up Advisory Board activities
- Interaction with Health Authorities to support & accelerate registration process and hence faster market penetration within the scope of therapy area responsibility
- Lecturing at locally organized scientific congresses on strategic products within the scope of therapy area responsibility
- Collaborate, maintain & manage the relationship with external thought leaders
- Participate in Gulf countries Matrix teams to ensure that all relevant planning factors and impacts are assessed in development, pre-launch, launch and life cycle management strategies within the scope of therapy area responsibility
- Support key pre-launch & launch activities on strategic products (training, advisory boards, scientific workshops, lecture tours, round table discussions…etc.)
- Engaging markets in epidemiology studies to generate local data that would support faster market penetration of strategic products
- Identify opportunities to engage Gulf region in more R&D studies and key evidence generation activities within the scope of therapy area responsibility
- Provide company with relevant clinical data in line with the company’s scientific & commercial objectives, within guidelines of Good Clinical Practice, local laws & regulations.
- Review and approve promotional materials/activities in accordance with local SOP’s as well as Promotion & Marketing Code with final sign-off by CMD
- Attend relevant local & international congresses and symposia and provide feedback to key/internal colleagues where relevant.
- Answer medical scientific inquiries from customers & field force, evaluation of scientific literature, support sales force with scientific argumentation for GSK marketed products
- Medical/product background training for the field force.
- Ensure the above mentioned responsibilities are implemented, communicated, updated and maintained.
Work in a multi-cultural and multi departmental environment. Specialized Knowledge
- Medical Doctor or having advanced scientific degree (i.e. PhD) in public health.
- Broad range of experiences, working in pharmaceutical industry, managed care, academic institutions, hospital setting, or healthcare consulting environment.
- Quality and accountability, business focus, high level of advanced communication skills including multilingual skills, decision making skills, developing others, group leadership, collaboration and partnership skills with ability to influence others, project management, strategic thinking, teamwork within matrix environment. Problem solving skills. Multitasking and prioritization with focus on the project, negotiation & time management skills
- Understanding decision making process, strategic & influential leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with high ability to convey messages successfully to sales force/physicians.
Very good administrative skills to be able to handle ample documents and papers.