GE Gas Power Gas Power Engineering
Category: Engineering / Technology
Relocation Assistance: No
Job Description Summary
Will lead technical issues and customer communication of assigned customers. Working with customers and internal teams to troubleshoot and investigate technical issues and to assist in implementation of corrective actions and to develop risk mitigation strategies across the portfolio of Steam turbine, gas turbine, HRSG, electrical and accessories.
- Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance to new installation, outages, upgrades and Plant operations to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals
- Partner with the Design Engineering teams and interface with external and internal suppliers to facilitate the logistical implementation of Fleet Program technical solutions.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures. Escalate issues as required, acting as the liaison between field and design engineering to drive specific technical resolution and to help engineering identify, drive corrective actions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers to make customer technical issues/requirements understood and addressed in a timely manner.
- Support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion GE’s commitment technical solution
- Support unplanned/forced outages to meet reliability/availability goals
- Plan and provide engineering technical oversight to the Contractual Services and Field Services teams during planned outages to meet reliability and availability goals. – Establish and maintain relationships with customers to make customer technical issues/requirements understood and addressed in a timely manner.
- Lead and program manage root cause analysis/investigation activities for product technical issues. Interface with Product Service, System and Design Engineering teams, providing technical leadership to personnel supporting project assigned to resolve customer technical issue.
- Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and Customers ensuring the timely communication of significant issues or developments.
- Support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion GE’s commitment technical solution – Support unplanned/forced outages to meet reliability/availability goals
- Travel to customer location support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Controls/Instrumentation)
- 8+ years of experience in installation/ commissioning/ maintenance of GE gas turbines and/or generators
- Strong working knowledge of various GE GT/ST, BOP equipment, heavy duty gas turbine & steam turbine
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- Experience in a matrix leadership environment;
- Prior experience in a field engineering or customer service facing role
- 5 years’ experience with power plant design and upgrades, including system analysis and testing
- Experience working in global, matrix organization; ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Flexible to work off hours and weekends to support emergency issue resolution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills