Company: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Hilton
Location: Ras Al-Khaimah – Ras al Khaimah – United Arab Emirates
An Executive Chef who will build a reputation for the hotel by developing and maintaining a talented and creative kitchen brigade, offering innovative menus, and promising an exceptional culinary experience that becomes a destination in itself.
What will I be doing?
As Executive Chef, you are fully responsible for developing the culinary reputation of the hotel by the production of excellent quality food throughout the hotel, and the development of a high quality and self-motivated kitchen brigade. An Executive Chef will oversee the operational management of the kitchen and Team Members. Specifically, an Executive Chef will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead of the kitchen brigade and ensure ongoing training plus development skills of Team Members
- Identify an effective approach to succession planning
- Create menus that meet and exceed customers’ needs and inspire wants.
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with Guests, contractors, and suppliers
- Resolve, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas among Guests and Team Members
- Manage department operations, including budgeting, forecasting, resource planning, waste management, quality and administrative functions.
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team to the highest level.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives
- Manage food control systems are adhered to them so margins are on target in a pro-active way
- Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
- Be environmentally aware
- Ensure food wastage program is adhered to so that margins are on target
- Responsible for ensuring that the monthly working schedules are made and maintained in accordance with local legislation.